Celebrate Your Local Emergency Medical Service Providers | Community Spirit
Montgomery County fire fighters are called to assist over 100,000 incidents each year. To thank all paramedics and emergency medical technicians for all they do, May 20-26 is observed as Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week throughout the nation in their honor.
The theme for this year's Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week is, “EMS: More than a Job. A Calling." This theme shows the commitment and dedication of the nation’s emergency medical service providers who serve their communities all across the United States.
"Our EMS team provides an essential service to the communities we serve and we proudly recognize these inspiring and dedicated emergency medical responders who, on a daily basis, go above and beyond the call of duty to save lives, often while putting themselves in harm’s way," said EMS Assistant, Chief Diane Zuspan.
Top Poolesville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Independent Collection Maps a New Course for Destination Travel
- Boffi & Maxalto Now Offer a Lifestyle Concept in Georgetown Showroom
- The 2013 DC Design House “Bear” Bones Tour Provided a Glimpse Into the 24 Designers’ Inspirations
- Swank Designs brings locally-made custom panels and pillows to area homes
- Allie Mann of Case Design/Remodeling Creates Seuss-tacular Tree for 2012 Georgetown Jingle