Update: Heat-Related Deaths Rise To 9 In Md. | News
BALTIMORE (WUSA) -- High temperatures has resulted in another heat-related death in Maryland bringing the total number to nine.
Earlier today, The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene reported that four people died on Thursday, July 5th and another four on Monday, July 2nd.
All the cases involved men and most were over the age of 65. There have been more than 80 heat-related illness in Maryland.
Last year, a total of 34 people died due to heat-related causes.
Top Poolesville Stories
Upcoming Events near Poolesville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boffi & Maxalto Now Offer a Lifestyle Concept in Georgetown Showroom
- The 2013 DC Design House “Bear” Bones Tour Provided a Glimpse Into the 24 Designers’ Inspirations
- Swank Designs brings locally-made custom panels and pillows to area homes
- Allie Mann of Case Design/Remodeling Creates Seuss-tacular Tree for 2012 Georgetown Jingle
- WARL Offers Pet Photos With Santa At Holiday Open House