The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is Operating Under Phase II Wind Restrictions | Transportation
According to the The Maryland Transportation Authority:
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is operating under RESTRICTIONS due to sustained
winds of 42-45 mph and wind gusts of 53 mph.
House trailers, empty box trailers, campers, recreational vehicles, hitch trailers
with sides or any vehicle that may not safely cross the bridge are prohibited from
traveling the bridge.
Once sustained winds exceed 50 mph, only automobiles, pickups trucks, flatbed
trailers, commercial busses and heavy laden tractor trailers will be permitted to cross
Tractor-box trailers weighing less than 64,000 pounds will not be permitted
If sustained wind speeds reach 55 mph, the Bay Bridge will be closed.
Motorists may access statewide travel information including traffic and weather
conditions at www.MD511.org or calling 511. 24/7 Bay Bridge traffic conditions are
available by calling the BAYSPAN Hotline at 1-877-229-7726.
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency stresses awareness and preparedness
as Hurricane Irene approaches Maryland. Go to www.mema.state.md.us for the latest
storm track and preparedness information.
Top Poolesville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boffi & Maxalto Now Offer a Lifestyle Concept in Georgetown Showroom
- The 2013 DC Design House “Bear” Bones Tour Provided a Glimpse Into the 24 Designers’ Inspirations
- Swank Designs brings locally-made custom panels and pillows to area homes
- Allie Mann of Case Design/Remodeling Creates Seuss-tacular Tree for 2012 Georgetown Jingle
- WARL Offers Pet Photos With Santa At Holiday Open House